From the big names to startups, wine producers worldwide have come to know and trust our 40+ year history of guaranteed on-time delivery of quality stainless steel wine tanks. We strive to offer complete customer satisfaction with our competitive pricing and expert craftsmanship. Each of our stainless steel wine tanks is finely crafted and passes through a rigid series of quality control checkpoints before shipment. Special features of our wine tanks include dimpled cooling jackets and cost-effective cladding that ensure precise temperature control.
Tanks are available on short notice from stock as available, or may be custom built to the winery’s precise specifications.
Other specialty stainless steel tanks we offer include a full line of water tanks, ozone contact tanks, tanks for storage of liquid sugars and high fructose corn syrups and other products such as soaps and cosmetics with agitation. All tanks are made to custom specifications.
Please refer to the tank chart (opens a new window) for full details on tank sizes.
To find out how we can meet your needs, contact or visit us today.
A Shining Reputation for Wine Tanks
Santa Rosa Stainless Steelwas organized in 1968 by Fred Ferronato in partnership with Rodney Strong of the then Windsor Vineyards. Santa Rosa Stainless Steel soon became a affordable alternative to Valley Foundry Machine Works. Now operated by his children Michele, Rod and Mark, Santa Rosa Stainless Steel has grown to become the leading producer of stainless steel tanks for the wine and brewing industries.
In just the past 30 years over 800 wineries and 50 breweries have invested in over ten thousand Santa Rosa Stainless Steel tanks, worldwide.
60 gallon Stainless Steel Barrel
Open Top Fermenter with SRSS Legs
1000 bbl brite tank
Santa Rosa Stainless Steel Top Wine Tank Supplier 2013
12 April, 2013
Santa Rosa Stainless Steel was named "Top Wine Idustry Tank Supplier" by Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine for 2013.
Call us today for any of your tank needs. We still have completion dates for the 2013 harvest available
Stock Tanks are Back!
04 November, 2012
We have a few stock tanks ready for purchase.
(2) 1100 gallon
(5) 500 gallon portable
(3) 350 gallon portable
Quick Wine Facts
29 August, 2012
Temperature of wines
Room temperature is rarely wine drinking temperature. Most restaurants, bars and homes have an average of 71 – 74 degrees room temperature all year long!
- Rich full body red wines should be between 58 and 64 degrees, no higher
- Light red wines, usually outstanding in the summer, should be between 54 and 57
- White and Rose wines should be between 46 and 54
- Champagne, dessert and sweet wines should be between 43 and 47
click to enlarge
One Acre of an established vineyard AVERAGES:
- 4-5 tons of grapes which is 10,000 pounds
- 13.51 barrels of wine at 7,552 oz./ea
- 797 gallons of wine at 128 oz./ea
- 3,958 bottles of wine at 25.6 oz./ea
- 15,940 glasses of wine at 6.4 oz./ea
One Barrel of wine contains:
- 740 pounds of grapes
- 59 gallons of wine
- 24.6 cases
- 295 bottles
- 1,180 glasses
One Case of wine contains:
- 30 pounds of grapes (468 oz.)
- 307.2 ounces of wine
- 24.6 cases
- 12 bottles of wine
- 48 glasses of wine
One Bottle of wine contains:
- 750 ml of liquid
- 2.4 pounds of grapes (39 oz.)
- 25.6 ounces of wine (4/5 quart)
- 4 glasses of wine
How About Grapes, Clusters and Vines?
- 1 grape cluster = 1 glass
- 75 grapes = 1 cluster
- 4 clusters = 1 bottle
- 40 clusters = 1 vine
- 1 vine = 10 bottles
- 1200 clusters = 1 barrel
- 30 vines = 1 barrel
- 400-500 vines = 1 acre
- 1 acre = 4-5 tons
- 4-5 tons = 266-332 cases
Q & A
- Among the world’s fruit crops, where do wine grapes rank in number of acres planted? #1
- How many gallons of wine were lost in the 1906 San Francisco earthquake? 30 million
- How long does it take to harvest a commercial crop from newly replanted grape vines? 4-5 years
- How many varieties of wine grapes exist worldwide? 10,000
- How much white zinfandel is consumed in this country? Too much
- A bottle of opened wine stored in the refrigerator lasts how much longer than it would if stored at room temp? 6-16 times longer
- What are the top three U.S. states in terms of wine consumption? CA, NY, FL
- What percentage of restaurant wine sales do red wines represent? 55%
- What is the average cost of the grapes used to produce a $20 bottle of wine? $2.64
- Should I ever use a decanter for my wines? A decanter is used mainly to remove sediment from older red wines. Also, it can be used to open up young red wines. Otherwise, wine will “breathe” enough in your glass and decanting is not necessary.
- Why should I swirl wine in my glass before I drink it? By swirling your wine, oxygen is invited into the glass, which allows the aromas to escape.